Friday, August 31, 2012

still-sound 100. Blue Moon



Tonight there will be a blue moon.  All this means is that it's the second full moon in a calendar month.  I wished that it meant that the moon, for one night, glowed blue.

I will celebrate this event, something that only occurs once in a blue moon, by lighting a stick of Fu In Kyara incense by Minorien.  The little kiri wood box bearing a deep teal blue label is beautiful.  The sticks sleep in a bed of soft, lacy paper.  The first time I burnt this incense I thought it smelled like patchouli.  I suppose I still do.  But there's so much more.  It's very earthy and damp and woodsy.  It's not what I expect from a kyara stick.  It's less sweet and a little spicy.  I think it's the appropriate scent for a blue moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment