Friday, March 15, 2013

still-sound 155. Bloom




The air near my home is redolent with March blossoms.  I don't know what kind of tree bears these honey-like clusters of flowers.  The bees seem to love them.  The scent makes my morning walks with Rosie through Elysian Park particularly enjoyable.

I discovered this perfume recently.  I sniffed it at a department store and bought it on the spot without hesitation.  It's called Jour d'Hermes and it's typical of the perfumer Jean Claude Ellena's style.  Transparent, breezy, understated and precise.  Blossoms releasing scent in cold air.  The bottle is elegant.







2 comments:

  1. What you're smelling is Pittosporum which grows heartily in LA. It's been knocking my socks off especially with orange blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pittosporum! Thanks for letting me know. I've never heard of it before which is crazy because it seems to be everywhere in LA.

    ReplyDelete