Thursday, February 20, 2014

still-sound 202. Sad emoji


When I drive back from the park after walking Rosie and Genny (mom's dog), I am usually on edge.  The back seats and passenger seats of the car are always covered in mud despite my efforts to keep things clean by laying down towels.  Genny starts crying with excitement as we ascend the driveway.  She loves my mom so desperately she can't but whimper at the very thought of being reunited with her.  She bolts out of the car the moment I open the door.  Rosie whips herself into a frenzy Genny style and begins running in circles while barking angrily.

While scolding my mom before I left for work (for spending too much money and having unrealistic expectations) I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.  I checked it when I was safely in my car and setting out to go to work.  I received two texts.  I didn't recognize the number.  

It read "You said you won't hurt my feelings but u did when u didn't text back" punctuated with a crying emoji.  Then, simply, "Thanks" with a sad face emoji.

I wondered who it was from.  I couldn't think of anyone.  I'm too old to know anyone who would even feel this way let alone text me to let me know.  Poor thing.  She obviously had the wrong number.  If my morning sucked, hers was surely worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment